|130 Main Street|
|Kiowa, KS 67070|
Follow us on Facebook!
|K-State Extension Agronomy E-Update|
|U.S. Drought Monitor
|GRAIN BIDS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION .Cash bids are 10 minute delayed. Due to the volatility in the grain futures, we will be buying grains only from 8:30am through 1:00pm of each business day. After 6PM Cash Bids reflect the overnight session from 6PM to 7AM|
OK Coop is now handling bulk PowerMax and RT3. Please stop by and visit with us on it's pricing.
- Soy Futures Close Mostly Higher for Turnaround Tuesday
- The soy futures complex turned around on Tuesday with beans and bean oil gaining while meal faded. Soymeal futures ended the day with $1.30 to $1.90 losses. Beans dropped from their midday highs, but were still up 4 1/4 to 12 1/2 cents at the close. BO futures gained back...
- Wheats Mostly Higher for Tuesday
- The wheat market lost momentum in the afternoon, fading midday highs by more than a dime. For spring wheat it was enough for March to close lower. New crop HRS was still 9 cents in the black at the bell. Chicago SRW closed 14 3/4 to 18 1/4 cents in...
- Cotton Market Closes in Black
- Turnaround Tuesday cotton trading left the board 13 to 65 points higher. For March that moved price back above the $1.20 mark, while new crop Dec stayed a penny and 8 points under $1 at the day’s high. The US stock market once again had a very poor close, while...
- Corn Fades into Close
- After having rallied more than 1% through midday, the front month corn futures complex faded into the close. For March it was enough to end a penny in the red at $6.20/bu – still up 34 3/4 cents from the Jan 14th low. The other front months held on to...
- Hogs Continued Higher on Tuesday
- Front month lean hog futures continued their rally with another $0.62 to $2.22 gains for the front months. The summer contracts are all now above $100 and set new highs, while Feb is still under the June LOC high of $90.52. USDA’s National Average Base hog price was $6.44 stronger...
- Cattle Close Mixed Mostly Lower
- The Feb and April cattle futures ended with 77 cent and 2 cent gains respectively on Tuesday as the other nearbys weakened by 15 to 30 cents. No trend has been established for cash trade this week, with just limited activity in the WCB yesterday reported at $136. Feeder cattle...